This evening, I stumbled across something very exciting after work. Usually in Birmingham city centre there are usually pop up stands selling or giving away various things that usually have very little interest for me… paintball for example (just no). To my surprise, I find Clarins have a pop up spa. WHAAAAT?!!!!!! It’s true!
My friend and I were greeted by the very friendly ladies at Clarins and told to explore the experience. They were not selling products but wanted to explain more about the brand, products and give further information about their spas. Anyone who knows me knows I love a good spa! All for free, we were given cards to walk round the glass pop up store trying different products and speaking the ladies about our skin needs. The whole place is very well designed and feels very inviting. I actually forgot that I was outside in the city centre and really felt like I was in a normal beauty store. If you experienced all the zones and collected your stamps, you got to pick some samples to take home. I LOVE SAMPLES!
I learned some helpful little lessons from the ladies of Clarins:
- PAT your skin care into the skin, do not wipe or rub.
- There are no oil glands around your eye area so if you have oily eyelids this is caused by product, not your skin.
- The optimal time for a product to work over night is between 2am and 4am. I don’t know how they figure this out but there ya go!
- If using an oil based skin care product, make sure your face is damp before you apply it. The oils will sink into the skin quicker!
- If you have oily skin, you are more likely to have better skin as you get older.
I went to all the stations and oh boy did I get some great samples.
My skin lately has been really dry so I tried to pick products that would help combat that. I will give you an update on which products I love.
I should give a little shout out to the lady at the Debenhams Bull Ring counter. You could get a bonus sample if you go to an actual counter and tell them you had been to the Oasis experience, you got a hand and nail treatment cream. She was so helpful and gave me an extra sample of a night oil to help my dry and sensitive skin. I will give you an update soon and let you know which products I like.
The Urban Oasis will be in Birmingham until 13th March 2016.