It’s been a while since I’ve blogged and I’m annoyed at myself for that… I must try and update this more! I stated this blog at the start of the year and never got around to finishing it….. bad bad bad Hope! Anywyay… here we go!
I love to travel and this year I’ve been travelling a lot! I haven’t checked luggage on a flight for a number of years so my packing skills have improved and I only tend to take things that I love and need. No more packing 6 pairs of shoes for a 4 day trip!
Happy New Year everyone! I hope everyone had fun over the festive period. I had a great time with family and managed to fly to the US to see the boyfriend which was a bonus. I hope this year brings you everything you wish for!
2015 was a great year for finding new products and giving some love to some golden oldies (that sounds odd doesn’t it). I tried to keep the list small, so here we go:
Where did this month go? The weather here in England has turned terribly cold, I don’t like it! For such a pale girl, I love the sun!
The month of October has involved a lot of travelling; at the start of the month I flew to America for by bf’s sister’s wedding. The wedding was in a gorgeous barn! On the hour drive up to the wedding I had to do my makeup in the car, I know girls, we’ve all been there! But on the day I was to meet my boyfriend’s entire family, I wanted to make sure I looked the part. The products I took with me on the trip used are some of my all time favourites!
- The original Urban Decay Naked Palette – cult staple I am sure most of you know how amazing this palette is!
- Makeup Forever HD foundation (the lid seems to have run away from me this month) along with the primer. This is the best liquid foundation I have ever used. I have the lightest shade they do and it works for me 🙂 To my pale girls out there, you need to try this, they have so many shades I’m sure there is one out there for you. I have 110 Pink Porcelain.
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner – stays put all day, super black and it’s not too shiny.
- Maybelline the Falsies – see my review here
- Sleek contour, blush and highlighter palette. This contains a dupe for the famous Nars blush in orgasm.
- I’ve been testing out a new concealer by Maybelline. I saw a video by It’sJudyTime reviewing the Better Skin Foundation and thought I would give the concealer a whirl. Even though it looks a little dark in the tube, it covers dark circles well and has good staying power.
For the past year or so, my favourite mascara has been my beloved CoverGirl Lash Blast fusion! It has been my trusty companion for quite some time and I feel like I am cheating on it. “I’ve been by your side for months….years….. how can you do this to me? I’ve always been there fore you!” Mascara can be so dramatic!
As you know, I’ve been trying to limit my beauty product buying. It’s been so difficult, but now I am going back to university, I really can’t afford to keep buying products that I don’t really need. I did splurge a bit when I went to Paris recently, blog post about what I bought coming soon. I’m just testing out the products at the moment 😛
Hello my beauties,
This was meant to be a November favourites post, I thought I had already pubished it, but apparently not. Total fail by me. So it has turned into a favourites post about what I have been loving over Spring here in Australia.
This is a review of Rimmel’s Wake Me Up foundation. I bought this foundation mainly because I didn’t wanna buy BareMinerals or Revlon Colourstay over here in Australia. Both are way over priced ($34+) and I shall just repurchase both when I head to America in January. Anyway, I digress… Yes … I chose the Rimmel foundation for a couple of reasons:
1. I heard Tanya Burr or Pixi2woo talk about it. I love her and trust her opinion. Check out her lovely channel 🙂
2. It was relatively cheap. $18
3. I liked the idea of a foundation to perk up my skin. I work in an office and the lights are not flattering.
What does Rimmel claim?
Taken from their website:
“It’s time to wake up – the light, smooth texture glides on easily to give a 100% pore-less and flawless complexion. Spoil yourself with SPF 15 sun protection and illuminating radiance pearls for a natural glow”.
“Wake Me Up works just as hard as you – staying put for up to 10 hours and giving you a natural, medium to full coverage. So even if you’ve had a few hours sleep, you can look radiant and younger”.
Let’s see if it lives up to these claims….